Every one of its partial or complete member states are states that had seceded and joined the Confederate States of America in the previous American Civil War, except for Kentucky, which the CSA claimed as a state and included among the 13 stars on its national flag. Ironically for a faction that is comprised almost completely of former states of the CSA, the Confederacy is specifically mentioned as being opposed to secession this time. Despite claiming no official connection to the previous Confederacy, the new confederation of former U.S. states chose to name its unique heavy tank, the FCS Lee, after old Confederate war hero General Robert E. Lee, the commander of the Army of Northern Virginia.
If the player rises to having an excellent political reputation in the course of the game, the Confederacy is able to reveal three hidden Commando units, deployed in the chosen area before the battle began. This is as close as any faction in the game gets to performing an airborne or air assault insertion of infantry.
The Confederacy does not share a border with either Mexico or Canada, the only faction besides the European Union to have this status. It instead has a long coastline, inheriting beaches and ports along the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean. At the start of the game, the Confederacy borders on the European Union's sole territory, one of two factions to do so. It also borders on the Republic of Texas, New England Alliance, and Great Plains Federation.
"Comprised of a confederation of the former states of Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, and Kentucky. The Confederacy sees the war as an attack on tradition and the acts of the other factions are viewed as treasonous. Most see confederates as backwards or stubborn. In fact, the Confederacy is quite progressive and other than geography it has little in common with the confederates of the first civil war."
The Confederacy is a faction made up of former American states; thus, it has access to the same existing vehicles and is readily able to manufacture the same units as the other factions. Confederate units appear with a light-gray or white color to them, and include:
- Single-Use Units: Defense Tower, SE Partisan, Militia, 155mm M777, Bunker
- Infantry: Heavy Infantry, Commandos, Engineers
- Light Armor: Humvee, Striker, Bradley
- Medium Armor: Sheridan, LAV, M8
- Heavy Armor: FCS Lee, Abrams, M60
- Anti-Air: Avenger, Vulcan, Chaparral
- Artillery: Big Tom, Crusader, MERL, Paladin
- Helicopter: Apache, Super Cobra, Warrior
- Fighter: JSF, Super Hornet
- Bomber: Stealth Bomber, A-10 Thunderbolt
Special Powers Edit
- Neutral: Evasive Maneuvers, Feint, Field Support
- Positive: Full Spectrum Active Warriors, Nanite Cloud
Behind the Scenes Edit
- Though its faction description says it has little in common with the old Confederate States of America, The Confederacy's flag is reminiscent of the old C.S. battle flag, and it consists entirely of states that were formerly members of the C.S.A., save for Kentucky, which despite never actually seceding was represented in Confederate Congress and by one of the C.S. flag's stars.
- Despite being opposed to the breakup of the United States, The Confederacy cannot make any kind of truce or alliance with the pro-Union New England Alliance or the European Union, due to the game's total lack of diplomatic features.
- Super Cobra: 21 HP (Experienced), 30 HP (Veteran) (62 FS)