Pacifica is a faction. It is 6th out of 7 in the order of movement for each turn in the campaign.
Pacifica exists in the Pacific northwest of the former U.S. at the start of the game, and is one of three factions to share a border with Canada. The nature of Pacifica as a defensive union of states has colored its members' typical view of the war and made them unenthusiastic about the fighting, even if they are forced to participate in it.
"Pacifica, made up of the former states of Washington, Oregon, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado. The Pacifica faction came into being as a last resort when refugees from San Francisco were forced from their homes by Californian militia. With nowhere else to turn, the region was forced to form a defensive pact. Often classified as "tree-hugging technophiles with a weak grasp of reality". The reality however, is that Pacificans see the war as a fight against aggression."
Pacifica starts with and is able to manufacture an array of former U.S. military units. Pacifican units are green on-map. Units available to Pacifica are:
- Single-Use Units: Defense Tower, NW Partisan, Militia, 155mm M777, Bunker
- Infantry: Heavy Infantry, Commandos, Engineers
- Light Armor: Humvee, Striker, Bradley
- Medium Armor: Sheridan, LAV, M8
- Heavy Armor: FCS Stuart, Abrams, M60
- Anti-Air: Avenger, Vulcan, Chaparral
- Artillery: Big Tom, Crusader, MERL, Paladin
- Helicopter: Apache, Super Cobra, Warrior
- Fighter: JSF, Super Hornet
- Bomber: Stealth Bomber, A-10 Thunderbolt
Special Ability UnbalanceEdit
Pacifica's spy satellite and other special abilities gives them as an AI faction the ability to hold out against other AI factions better then all others in comparison. For example, California Commonwealth can control more then half the former U.S. while Pacifica is cornered in Northern Cascades and the latter could still defeat the former. Anyone playing as the EU or other East Coast faction will almost always see Pacifica as the last AI country standing.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- Pacifica is implied to be at war with the California Commonwealth because of the way California militia helped force the faction into being created. This is an exception to the game overall, where many of the factions have no stated reason for being at war with each other.