Maryland is a state in the Mid-Atlantic region of the former United States, bordering Virginia, West Virginia, and Washington, D.C. to its south and west; Pennsylvania to its north; and Delaware to its east. The state's largest city is Baltimore, and its capital is Annapolis. Among its occasional nicknames are Old Line State, the Free State, and the Chesapeake Bay State. The state is named after the English queen Henrietta Maria of France.
Within the game, Maryland appears exclusively within the Eastern Shenandoah territory.
- Cities and Towns: Annapolis, Baltimore, Hagerstown, Frederick, Mount Raineir, Salisbury
- Largest City: Baltimore (11 hexes)
- Military Bases: None
- Landmarks: None
- Geographic Features: Potomac River, Patuxent River, Chesapeake Bay
- Roads and Highways: I-95, I-81, I-83, I-68, Route 13
Behind the Scenes Edit
- Maryland is one of several states that did not get to choose what to do as the United States collapsed, but was instead occupied by the European Union peacekeeping force.
- Mount Raineir's name is actually spelled "Mount Rainier". It is a 1-hex city that was almost entirely destroyed by the nuclear blast in Washington, D.C.