Template:Redirect The Great Plains Federation is a faction in Shattered Union. It is 3rd out of 7 for the order of movement for each turn in the campaign. When the GPF was formed is unspecified, but it would have been after California and Texas seceded since they were first and second respectively. The Great Plains Federation controls a generous amount of land due to the size of its former member states, and holds some of the former U.S's most significant industrial cities and farmland. It shares a border with the New England Alliance, the Confederacy, the Republic of Texas, Pacifica,and the California Commonwealth. The only faction it does not have a border with at the start of the game is the European Union's single territory.
The Great Plains Federation is highly vulnerable to attack at the start of the game, being centrally-located and with more borders with other factions than any other in the game. It is also one of three factions in the game to share a border with Canada, the other two being Pacifica and the New England Alliance.
"The Great Plains Federation is made up of all, or parts of the former states of Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Missouri, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, and North Dakota. Midwesterners are usually seen as ultra conservative, dirt farmers with a stubborn streak a mile wide. Members of the Federation are still generally more tolerated and tolerant than any other faction, as they often are familiar with or were previous members of some other faction."
The Great Plains Federation starts with and is able to manufacture an array of former American military units. GPF units appear on-map with a yellow coloring to them, and include:
- Single-Use Units: Defense Tower, Partisan NC, Militia, 155mm M777, Bunker
- Infantry: Heavy Infantry, Commandos, Engineers
- Light Armor: Humvee, Striker, Bradley
- Medium Armor: Sheridan, LAV, M8
- Heavy Armor: FCS Grant, Abrams, M60
- Anti-Air: Avenger, Vulcan, Chaparral
- Artillery: Big Tom, Crusader, MERL, Paladin
- Helicopter: Apache, Super Cobra, Warrior
- Fighter: JSF, Super Hornet
- Bomber: Stealth Bomber, A-10 Thunderbolt
Behind the Scenes Edit
- The GPF fields the only FCS unit that is classed as Artillery, the FCS Grant.
- The state of Ohio is divided between the GPF and the NEA, with the NEA holding the eastern half and the GPF holding the Western half.