The Airfield is a static, non-moving unit that represents a given faction's forward operating air force base in a battle. Its unit name is identical between the eight factions present in the game. Sturdy and dangerous for airborne units to attack, the Airbase has anti-air offensive and defensive capability only. If it is attacked on the ground in any way, it is unable to defend itself. If a faction's Airfield is destroyed in a battle, any fighters or bombers they had deployed for that engagement are lost.
- Unit Type: Airfield (Static Unit)
- Availability: All factions
- Cost: None; unit is created automatically if a faction has fighters or bombers deployed in a battle.
Anti-Infantry Attack: 0
Anti-Vehicle Attack: 0
Movement Range: 0
Fuel Supply: N/A
Behind the Scenes Edit
- The Airfield unit takes up only one hex space, just as any other unit in-game does. A few real-life US Air Force bases appear in the game. Edwards Air Force Base in the Southern California territory takes up five hex spaces, while Eielson AFB in Alaska and Langley AFB in Eastern Shenandoah take up one hex space each. Those bases do not play any special role-in game, and they do not automatically become the location of a faction's Airfield in a battle in their respective territories.
- As it is created automatically if even one fighter or bomber is deployed for a battle by a faction, the Airbase cannot be purchased and does not take up a slot in a faction's unit inventory.